Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe comes from my husband's cousin. A great appetizer that can be frozen and baked for unexpected company - or can be prepared ahead for a cocktail party.
- Using a round cookie cutter, make four 1 1/2" circles per slice of bread.
- Butter each slice on one side.
- Broil, turning once until lightly toasted.
- In a small bowl combine the remainder of ingredients until smoothly blended.
- Spread 1 tsp on the buttered side of each "toast".
- May be frozen in an airtight container at this point - do not thaw before broiling.
- Broil 4" from heat for 3-5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve hot.
I found this recipe, minus the dill, in a Bon Appetite magazine in 1984 and have been making them ever since. My family requests them for every get together and I always make and freeze ahead of time because they cook better under the broiler for 5 minutes when frozen.