1/2 Photos of Parmesan Rolls
2 hrs 25 mins
Kim D.'s Note:
I serve these rolls with spaghetti and meatballs, to give us a change from the usual garlic bread. However, they would be good with other main entrees as well. (Prep time includes letting the dough rise)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 packages active dry yeast (1/4 ounce each)
- 1/2 cup water (110F to 115F)
- 1 cup warm milk (110F to 115F)
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 2 eggs
- 4 1/2-5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1In a large mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in water.
- 2Add milk, Parmesan cheese, butter, sugar, salt, cornmeal and eggs; mix well.
- 3Add 3 cups of flour and beat until smooth.
- 4Add enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- 5Turn onto a floured board; kneed until smooth and elastic, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- 6Place in a bowl coated with olive oil, turning once to coat tops.
- 7Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled in size, about one hour.
- 8Punch down dough.
- 9Shape into 24 oval loafs.
- 10Place the rolls on a baking sheet and brush the tops of each roll with melted butter.
- 11Sprinkle the rolls with grated Parmesan cheese.
- 12Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- 13Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 14Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- 15Remove from baking sheet and cool on wire racks.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Parmesan Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (1412 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 177.1
- Calories from Fat 59
- Total Fat 6.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 33.6 mg
- Sodium 189.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 5.1 g