Recipe by Sydney Mike
This recipe is from the 1995 publication, The Simply Healthy Lowfat Cookbook.
Top Review by Karen Elizabeth
Very different! I've never made anything like this before, next time I would cut them bigger and I think maybe serve with a dip. This time however, they were made as a vegetable side-dish and we really enjoyed them. I baked the sweet potatoes earlier in the day, and prepared the wedges shortly before our meal was ready, so I found this to be a good make-ahead recipe. Really good, I'll make these again. Thanks Syd! Made for Aus/NZ swap#30
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes, small in size
- 2 ounces parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary, crumbled
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Prick the sweet potatoes with a fork, then place them on a baking sheet & bake for about 35-45 minutes or until they are tender but not mushy, then remove them from the oven & set them on a wire rack to cool, while increasing the oven temperature to broil.
- In a medium bowl, combine the Parmesan cheese, parsley, garlic, oregano, rosemary, salt & ground pepper.
- When potatoes are cool enough to handle, halve them lengthwise & scoop the flesh out of the skins, leaving a shell from 1/4-inch to 1/2-inch thick. Cut each sweet potato shell lengthwise into 1/2-inch-wide wedges.
- Add the skins to the herbed Parmesan mixture & gently toss to combine.
- Place the sweet potato wedges on a baking sheet & broil from 4 to 5 inches from the heat for 4 to 6 minutes, or until the cheese is melted & bubbly.
- Serve hot & ENJOY!