1/5 Photos of Parmesan-Roasted Sweet Potato Skins
Sydney Mike's Note:
This recipe is from the 1995 publication, The Simply Healthy Lowfat Cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2Prick the sweet potatoes with a fork, then place them on a baking sheet & bake for about 35-45 minutes or until they are tender but not mushy, then remove them from the oven & set them on a wire rack to cool, while increasing the oven temperature to broil.
- 3In a medium bowl, combine the Parmesan cheese, parsley, garlic, oregano, rosemary, salt & ground pepper.
- 4When potatoes are cool enough to handle, halve them lengthwise & scoop the flesh out of the skins, leaving a shell from 1/4-inch to 1/2-inch thick. Cut each sweet potato shell lengthwise into 1/2-inch-wide wedges.
- 5Add the skins to the herbed Parmesan mixture & gently toss to combine.
- 6Place the sweet potato wedges on a baking sheet & broil from 4 to 5 inches from the heat for 4 to 6 minutes, or until the cheese is melted & bubbly.
- 7Serve hot & ENJOY!
Browse Our Top Low Cholesterol Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Parmesan-Roasted Sweet Potato Skins
Serving Size: 1 (164 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 173.4
- Calories from Fat 25
- Total Fat 2.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 8.3 mg
- Sodium 325.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 6.1 g