Recipe by Doc J.
This is a fast, easy and absolutely delicious way to make green beans. Saw it on the Food Network a while ago and it comes out perfect every time. Adjust cooking time and amount of cheese based on your personal preferences. After you've tried green beans, do the same exact recipe with asparagus or broccoli. My kids devour all 3 veggies so I always make more than we need and there aren't ever any leftovers.
Top Review by Boomette
Wonderful taste. I felt like I was eating french fries but it was the green beans that were so tasty with the parmesan cheese. So addictive! Thanks Doc J :) Made for Cookbook tag game
- 709.77-946.36 ml fresh green beans, stem ends snapped off
- 14.79 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 236.59-473.18 ml shredded parmesan cheese (I usually use 2 cups)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Spread beans out evenly on a non-stick cookie sheet, doesn't have to be a single layer.
- Drizzle lightly with extra virgin olive oil.
- Sprinkle lightly with salt & pepper (optional).
- Spread shredded parmesan evenly over beans.
- Bake on center oven rack for 12 minutes.
- Beans will be roasted and cheese will be melted, chewy and crunchy where it laid on the pan.