1/2 Photos of Parmesan-Roasted Broccoli(Ina Garten)
Roasting the broccoli with garlic and Parmesan gives this dish great flavor. You may cut all the stem off the broccoli but I like to leave a little on. You may also peel the stems, cut them in julienne strips and use them too, if you wish. Adapted from the ABC news program. From Ina Gartens new book Back to Basics(Barefoot Contessa).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 -5 lbs broccoli
- 4 -5 garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
- 6 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 1/3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely sliced fresh basil leaves (about 12 leaves)
- 1Cut the broccoli florets from the thick stalks, leaving an inch or two of stalk attached to the florets, discarding the rest of the stalks.
- 2Cut the larger pieces through the base of the head with a small knife, pulling the florets apart. You should have about 8 cups of florets.
- 3Place the broccoli florets on a sheet pan large enough to hold them in a single layer.
- 4Toss the garlic over the broccoli and drizzle with 5 tablespoons of the olive oil. Sprinkle with the salt and pepper.
- 5Roast at 400*F. (Ina originaly baked at 425*) for 20 to 25 minutes, until crisp-tender and the tips of some of the florets are browned.
- 6Serve and enjoy!
- 7Remove the broccoli from the oven and immediately toss with 11/2 tablespoons olive oil, the lemon zest, lemon juice, pine nuts, Parmesan, and basil. Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Parmesan-Roasted Broccoli(Ina Garten)
Serving Size: 1 (337 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 289.5
- Calories from Fat 182
- Total Fat 20.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 4.8 mg
- Sodium 621.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.2 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 11.4 g