Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Real Simple magazine October 2011. DH and I really enjoyed this tasty Fall side dish.
- 907.18 g acorn squash, halved, seeded and sliced 3/4 inch thick (can also use delicata squash)
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 8 sprig fresh thyme
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 59.14 ml grated parmesan cheese (1 ounce)
- Heat oven to 400°F
- On a rimmed baking sheet, toss the squash with the oil, thyme, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp pepper.
- Sprinkle with the Parmesan.
- Roast the squash until golden brown and tender, 25-30 minutes.
A great way to serve acorn squash, but be sure to make your slices thick or separating the squash from the skin is a pain. It's a lovely side to most any entree. I did not use the parmesan (only thyme, EVOO, S&P) because I felt it would not go well with my fruity chicken dish. I love the addition of fresh thyme. It's a keeper and I will make this again. Thanks Dr. Jenny!
Delicious way to prepare acorn squash! I forgot to add the parmesan at first so sprinkled it on during the last 15 minutes of cooking time. The thyme was a nice flavor combination with the sweetness of the squash. Thanks for sharing your recipe! Made for Fall PAC 2012