Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
I just threw some ingredients together and OMG. I think I'm in heaven.
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 shallots or 2 tablespoons onions, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup arborio rice, uncooked
- 1⁄4 cup white wine (optional)
- 2 -3 cups chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- fresh ground black pepper
- In 2L saucepan, cook garlic and shallot in olive oil over low heat until tender.
- Add rice, wine, and 1/2 cup chicken stock. If not using wine, use extra 1/4 cup chicken stock.
- Simmer (small bubbles, not boiling) for 15-20 minutes, adding 1/2 cup chicken stock as rice absorbs liquid.
- When rice is al dente, remove from heat. There should still be thick liquid in the pot - this will be absorbed as it cools. Add parmesan and a little bit of freshly ground pepper.
- Enjoy! Still tastes yummy if refrigerated and reheated.