1/2 Photos of Parmesan Risotto Stuffed Portabellas
This is an easy, light recipe. The risotto is great on its own, too! I can't remember for sure, but I think I got this recipe from Cooking Light.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup onion, minced
- 1 cup celery, minced
- 1 cup carrot, minced
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup green onions or 1/4 cup chives, minced
- 4 (5 ounce) portabella mushrooms
- 1/4 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (10 ounce) bag fresh spinach
- 1Bring broth and water to a simmer in a medium saucepan (do not boil).
- 2Turn heat to low and keep warm.
- 3Preheat oven to 375.
- 4Heat 2 tsp oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- 5Add onion, celery, carrot; sauté for 1 minute.
- 6Add rice and sauté for 5 minutes.
- 7Stir in wine and stir constantly 5 minutes or until liquid is nearly absorbed.
- 8Add 1/2 cup of broth.
- 9When liquid is nearly absorbed, add another ½ cup of broth.
- 10Continue until all broth is added and rice is tender.
- 11Remove from heat and stir in Parmesan cheese and green onions.
- 12Remove stems from mushroom caps (if necessary) and discard.
- 13Place the caps, gill (bottom) side up, in a 13x9 baking dish.
- 14Spoon 1 ¼ cups of the risotto mix into each cap and top with 1 tbsp mozzarella cheese.
- 15Pour ½ c water into the bottom of the baking dish.
- 16Bake at 375 for 30 minutes or until tender.
- 17Heat 1 teaspoons.
- 18olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat until hot.
- 19Add chopped onion and garlic; sauté until tender.
- 20Add spinach; sauté 2 minutes or until wilted.
- 21Arrange ½ c spinach on each plate and place the mushroomcaps on top to serve.
Browse Our Top Short-Grain Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Short-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Parmesan Risotto Stuffed Portabellas
Serving Size: 1 (717 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 440.3
- Calories from Fat 91
- Total Fat 10.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 20.0 mg
- Sodium 397.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.2 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 18.3 g