Recipe by Lorac
A festive change from the usual meat balls. Can be served with or without a sauce. Posted by request.
Top Review by Susan Lee
Love love love these!!! Five strong stars! I added a bit of the breadcrumbs to hold mine together better, and they were simply delicious! I am making a second batch in the oven for my "fry-conscious" vegetarian daughters. I heavily sprayed the baking dish with olive oil, and drizzled more on the top. They look great! Thanks so much for sharing this - it is sure to be a family favorite.
- 1⁄2 cup long grain rice, cooked
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup dried breadcrumbs
- oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, mix rice, spinach, cheese, lemon juice, salt, pepper and 2 eggs.
- Shape mixture into 1 inch balls.
- In a pie plate, using a fork, beat 1 tbls water with remaining egg.
- Dip rice balls in egg, then into bread crumbs to coat evenly.
- In a 5 quart Dutch oven, heat 3/4 inch of oil over medium heat.
- Fry rice balls a few at a time for 1 1/2 minutes or until golden brown, drain on paper towels and serve warm.