After the pasta and onion are sauteed, the oil is drained to minimize the fat content of this interesting pilaf.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large skillet, heat oil. Saute vermicelli and onion until golden brown, about 2 to 4 minutes over medium-high heat. Drain off oil.
- 2Add rice, stock, water, pepper, and bay leaf. Cover and simmer 15-20 minutes.
- 3Fluff with fork. Cover and let stand 5-20 minutes.
- 4Remove bay leaf. Sprinkle with cheese and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top White Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Parmesan Rice and Pasta Pilaf
Serving Size: 1 (844 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 169.3
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 1.4 mg
- Sodium 189.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 3.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: