Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
A bit different...
- 1 1⁄2 cups rice
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup oil
- 3 cups boiling water
- 1 cup white wine
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup pitted black olives
- Brown rice and onions in butter or oil.
- Add 3 cups boiling water.
- Cover. Cook until rice is nearly done.
- Add 1 cup white wine, 3 tomatoes, chopped, 1 1/2 t. salt, dash pepper.
- Cook 12 minutes. Stir in 3/4 cup grated Parmesan and 1 cup pitted black olives, sliced.
- Heat thoroughly and serve.
We used this as a side dish and we liked the flavors. I was out of black olives so I omitted them. I would suggest though browning the onions a bit before adding the rice. The onions were not quite done enough by the time the rice had browned. Add some garlic and double the cheese and this would be a 5 star recipe.
This was very good, i used it as a side dish. I substitued olive oil to brown the rice and onions and reduced fat parmesan to reduce fat and calories. It was very good, very creamy and satisfying without being awful for you! Next time i might add some garlic to give it some more flavor.