Prep 15 mins
Cook 22 mins
A short little recipe for a rice side dish.
- 1 1⁄2 cups rice
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3 cups hot chicken broth
- 1 cup white wine
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup ripe olives, cut unto wedges
- Cook the rice and onion slowly in the butter, stirring until lightly browned.
- Add 3 cups hot broth.
- Cover, cook slowly for 10 minutes.
- Add the wine, tomatoes, salt and pepper.
- Cook 12 minutes.
- Stir in the cheese and olives.
- Heat thoroughly.