Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Recipe posted by request. You can also add bagel chips if you like.
- 1 1⁄2 cups Corn Chex
- 1 1⁄2 cups Wheat Chex
- 1 1⁄2 cups Rice Chex
- 2 cups oyster crackers
- 2 cups pretzel twists
- 1 cup pistachio nut
- 4 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 1 (1 ounce) package dry ranch dressing mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 250°F.
- In a large bowl combine the cereal, oyster crackers, pretzels, pistachios and cheese.
- In a small bowl combine the butter, salad dressing mix, and garlic powder.
- Drizzle over the cereal mix, tossing to lightly coat mixture.
- Place on a cookie or baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove and let cool completely before packing in jars.
My go to recipe for chex mix for a couple of years now...lost it and now I've rediscovered it just in time to make it for someone I promised it to...a crush actually...haha...I'm 33 years old and have a crush who loves chex mix. :D Thanks for putting it out here!
I substitute: peanuts for pistachios, sometimes crispix for the corn and rice cereals, and many times, I use a fiesta ranch dressing mix to add a spectacular zip to the mix!!! Any way, a great snack!!!
i haven't even got this stuff in the oven yet but i can tell it's going to be good! my daughter's 7yo bday slumber party is this weekend and she wants 'snackies' while they watch a movie. i figured this would be perfet and non-messy. i didn't really measure anything, jsut threw it in the bowl, but i probably made 1.5 batches. used corn&rice chex, goldfish, small pretzel knots, and mixed nuts. all stuff i already had on hand. i doubled the butter adn garlic, only used 1 pack of ranch. and after mixign it all i sprinkled at least double the parm on top and gave it a light toss. it's perfect and the girls will eat it up. this'll probably replace our regular chexmix recipe. :)
This is really good! I added a little extra parmesan cheese & butter (just a personal preference) and it tasted fantastic!!! Thanks so much!