Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Great for afternoon or morning tea and perfect with soup - these are delicious.
Make and share this Parmesan & Prosciutto Scones recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 400F and position racks to top third and centre of the oven.
- Sift flour, cream of tartar, baking powder, salt and pepper into a medium bowl.
- Rub butter into the flour until the mixture looks like fine breadcrumbs.
- Stir in prosciutto and cheese.
- Add buttermilk and stir until the dough is moistened and begins to hold together.
- Knead briefly in the bowl just to form a light dough.
- (Light handling is the secret to great scones).
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Pat out into 1/2 inch thickness. Using a 21/2 inch round or heart shape cookie cutter, cut out scones and place 1 inch apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Brush tops of scones with the extra buttermilk.
- Bake until well risen and golden brown, about 15-20 minutes. Half way through baking, change positions of baking sheets from top to bottom.
- Serve warm, with butter.