Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
These seasoned potatoes taste even better than french fries. And they are much healthier too!
- 4 medium potatoes
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Cut potatoes into small chunks.
- Place potato chunks in a plastic bag with the oil, and shake well to coat potatoes evenly.
- Mix seasonings together and add to potatoes.
- Shake to coat.
- Spray a baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Arrange potatoes in a single layer in the baking pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown, turning potatoes once during this time.
These potatoes were very tasty. I think the heat is a little too high on this recipe though....the parmesan was getting too brown before the potatoes were cooked and so, after about 15 minutes at 450, I lowered the oven to 375 for the rest of the cooking time (about 20 minutes) and they were fine. I used fingerling potatoes cut crosswise into 1/2 to 3/4-inch size chunks. Also, after coating the potatoes with oil in the plastic bag, I dumped them in the baking pan and added the seasonings there so that I wouldn't leave half the seasonings in the plastic bag. Very good! Thanks Cathy, I'll be doing this one again for sure.