Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
A nice change of pace from the usual french fries.
- 1⁄2 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 lbs potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Melt butter.
- Coat a 9 x 13 dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl combine bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt, and pepper; mix well and set aside.
- Peel potatoes and cut lengthwise into quarters; cut each quarter lengthwise into 3 strips.
- Dip each strip in the melted butter, then in Parmesan mixture, coating completely.
- Place in a single layer in the baking dish.
- Pour any remaining melted butter over potatoes.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until potatoes are tender, turning them over once or twice.
Oh how wonderful this recipes was..I made this for my family and they ate it right up. Told me to make sure to add this to the permanent cookbook in the house. I have made it a few times since. Thanks for posting such a great recipe!
This was tasty. However, it seemed to be a bit time-consuming to get it to the oven. Also, I could not fit 2 lbs of potatoes in a single layer in a 9 x 13 dish. I ended up using several dishes and it took a long time to get all of the potatoes cooked. If reheating, use a cookie sheet or some other dish and reheat in the oven. They are soggy if reheated in the microwave.
My family loved the potato sticks.It was a excellent recipe and the ingredients are usually on hand. And so easy to prepare.