Recipe by Trnquilit
From Taste of Home's Garden-Fresh Recipes "Even my husband, who's not much of a soup eater, likes this. Our two boys do too. With homemade bread and a salad, it's a satisfying meal." --Tami Walters
- 4 medium baking potatoes (about 2 lbs)
- 3⁄4 cup onion (chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 6 cups milk
- 3⁄4-1 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
- 10 bacon, strips cooked & crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Pierce potatoes w/a fork; bake in the oven or microwave until tender.
- Cool, peel & cube; set aside.
- In a large Dutch oven or soup kettle over med heat, saute onion in butter until tender; stir in flour & seasonings.
- Gradually add broth, stirring constantly.
- Bring to a boil; cook & stir for 2 minute.
- Add potatoes; return to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover & simmer for 10 minute.
- Add milk & cheese; heat through.
- Stir in bacon.