Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I really don't remember where this recipe came from. It makes a great side to any meat and has great flavor. I have made this with Russetts as well as the red potato. Results for both were still tasty! Yield is approximate.
- 4 medium red potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Place half of the potatoes in a greased 2 qt or 11 x 7 inch baking dish.
- Top with onion and remaining potatoes; drizzle with butter.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Bake, uncovered, at 450 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until the potatoes are golden brown and tender.
I really enjoyed these potatoes and the parmesan cheese was a great addtion. I did follow the lead of others and cut the potatoes very thin, I do believe they would not have gotten done otherwise. Will definitely make these again.
Really, really good!!! Now DH and I have a new potato recipe to have with our steak! Loved the onions and parm cheese in it. The secret to this recipe is slicing the potato rounds very thin. We loved it! Prepared as a participant in the Aus/NZ Swap #40 Event.
Now these are some tasty potatoes Chef on the Coast. I enjoyed this simple treat for lunch today. I scaled it down for one person, with lovely results. What a great way to serve potatoes, they were flavorful and very tender. Plus it was quick and very easy to put together with ingredients found in most pantries. I will be making these again. Thank you so much for sharing. Made for Aussie Swap #38 :)