Recipe by Chef on the coast
I really don't remember where this recipe came from. It makes a great side to any meat and has great flavor. I have made this with Russetts as well as the red potato. Results for both were still tasty! Yield is approximate.
Top Review by morgainegeiser
I really enjoyed these potatoes and the parmesan cheese was a great addtion. I did follow the lead of others and cut the potatoes very thin, I do believe they would not have gotten done otherwise. Will definitely make these again.
- 4 medium red potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Place half of the potatoes in a greased 2 qt or 11 x 7 inch baking dish.
- Top with onion and remaining potatoes; drizzle with butter.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Bake, uncovered, at 450 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until the potatoes are golden brown and tender.