Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
I promise if you are a potato-lover, you are going to love this! Potato slices must be sliced very thin for this.
Top Review by FoodExplorer
The flavors seemed kind of bland. I think next time, I would add a few spices and possibly sprinkle some turkey bacon between layers as well. Good basic recipe, though. The texture of the thin potatoes were perfect, and the top browned up nice and crispy. Thank you for a good recipe :)
- 7 medium potatoes (sliced very thin, about 1/8-inch thick)
- 4 green onions, finely chopped (or us a yellow onion, thinly sliced)
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided (or to taste)
- seasoning salt
- black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 400 degrees.
- Butter a 9 or 10-inch round pie plate.
- If potato slices are wet, dry with a paper towel.
- In a large bowl mix together the potato slices with 6 tablespoons melted butter, 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese (can use more than 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese if desired) seasoned salt, or white salt and black pepper to taste; toss well using clean hands to combine.
- Arrange the potato slices in several layers sprinkling the green onion over the layers.
- Drizzle more butter over the top layer, then sprinkle with about 1/4 cup (or to taste) grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake uncovered for about 1 hour, or until the potatoes are tender.
- Loosen potatoes from the sides and bottom of the pie plate and invert immediately onto a serving plate.
- Cut into wedges and serve.