Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I promise if you are a potato-lover, you are going to love this! Potato slices must be sliced very thin for this.
- 7 medium potatoes (sliced very thin, about 1/8-inch thick)
- 4 green onions, finely chopped (or us a yellow onion, thinly sliced)
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided (or to taste)
- seasoning salt
- black pepper
- Set oven to 400 degrees.
- Butter a 9 or 10-inch round pie plate.
- If potato slices are wet, dry with a paper towel.
- In a large bowl mix together the potato slices with 6 tablespoons melted butter, 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese (can use more than 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese if desired) seasoned salt, or white salt and black pepper to taste; toss well using clean hands to combine.
- Arrange the potato slices in several layers sprinkling the green onion over the layers.
- Drizzle more butter over the top layer, then sprinkle with about 1/4 cup (or to taste) grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake uncovered for about 1 hour, or until the potatoes are tender.
- Loosen potatoes from the sides and bottom of the pie plate and invert immediately onto a serving plate.
- Cut into wedges and serve.
The flavors seemed kind of bland. I think next time, I would add a few spices and possibly sprinkle some turkey bacon between layers as well. Good basic recipe, though. The texture of the thin potatoes were perfect, and the top browned up nice and crispy. Thank you for a good recipe :)
This was great, Kitten! But it's amazing how 7 medium potatoes could shrivel up in an hour. Will definitely need to double this for leftovers. Thanks for the posting!
Yum!! This was so easy to make and tasted great! The only suggestion I would make is to really grease the bottom of the pie plate as my first thin layer of potatoes stuck when I inverted the plate. I will definitely make this again. Thanks Kittencal - I always love your recipes!