Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
A great way to use leftover mashed potatoes!!
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup dried breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- In a small bowl, mix Parmesan cheese and bread crumbs; set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine mashed potatoes, cream cheese, eggs, onion, and flour. Beat with a mixer on low speed until blended. Beat at high speed until mixture is light and fluffy. Add salt and pepper.
- Pour potato mixture into a greased casserole dish. Sprinkle with bread crumb/Parmesan cheese mixture.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
Here ya have real comfort food! I like the ease of having this prepared before hand Just to pop in the oven when needed. I did use a herb cream cheese. Didn`t need all the topping. And I would skip the flout next time. Thanks Made for ZWT 2011
Delicious! Mine came out a bit runny too. So I would suggest (if you don't like it runny) not beating it at high speed. At the end of cooking time I threw it under the broiler to brown the topping. Thanks for posting. :)
Thank you, Iewe, this was wonderful. I followed the recipe exactly, but since I didn't have any left over mashed potatoes, I had to make them. Next time, I will play with it a little, because it came out a bit soupy. It was probably that I made the mashed potatoes a bit too soupy to start with. I will definitely be doing it again, there is not doubt about that. We loved it. Thanks again. Kayne