Prep 8 mins
Cook 45 mins
This cheesy potato recipe is enhanced by the great flavor of the French's French Fried Onions. My Mom passed this recipe on to me.
- 10 3⁄4 ounces campbell's condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 medium potatoes, cut in 1 " pieces
- 2 7⁄8 ounces frenche's French-fried onions
- In a greased shallow 2 quart baking dish, mix soup, milk, cheese, & pepper.
- Stir in potatoes & 1/2 the can of onions.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 40 minutes or until potatoes are tender; sprinkle remaining onions over potatoes & bake 5 minutes more or until onions are golden.
- Serves 4.
A wonderful, easy side dish. I followed the recipe exactly and was very happy with the result. I did not peel the potatoes and they were fine. I also cooked it at 350 for one hour since I had a meatloaf in the oven at the same time. Maybe try this with the cheddar flavored onions next time.