Recipe by Derf
Great appetizer or side dish from Cooking Light.
Top Review by Kim127
Very tasty taters!! I loved the flavor of the stuffing, I had never done potatoes with sage before and it was great. I should have cooked the potatoes longer, but the man said he liked them that way. This would be a great way just to do regular mashed potatoes too. We had grilled steaks and salad with them and it was quite a meal!!
- 12 small round red potatoes, about a pound
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup uncooked diced turkey bacon, about 2 slices
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, finely grated,about 2 ounces
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook potatoes in boiling water 15 minutes or until tender, drain.
- Heat oil in a nonstick frypan over medium high heat.
- Add onion, bacon, pepper and garlic,saute 5 minutes or until tender.
- Preheat broiler.
- Cut potatoes in half, carefully scoop out pulp with a melon baller, leaving 1/4 inch shell.
- Mash potato pulp with a fork; stir in cheese and sage.
- Add to onion mixture, stirring well.
- Spoon about 1 tablespoon potato mixture into each shell.
- Arrange stuffed potatoes on a baking sheet, and broil 3 to 4 inches from heat, 3 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Serve warm.