Prep 45 mins
Cook 15 mins
August 06' taste of home magazine I found in the attic...
Make and share this Parmesan Potato Balls recipe from Food.com.
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon butter (softened)
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1 tablespoon green onion (chopped)
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons onion soup mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1 1⁄2 cups corn flakes (crushed)
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat;cover and cook for 15-20minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Place In a large mixing bowl, mash the potatoes. Beat in the cream cheese, milk, and butter until smooth. Stir in the parm, onion soup mix, salt and pepper sauce. Shape into 1.5" balls.
- Place the egg & cornflakes in seperate shallow bowls. Dip potato balls in egg, then roll in crumbs.
- Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 400 degrees F for 15-18 minutes or until crisp & golden brown.