Prep 45 mins
Cook 15 mins
"Add a dash of fun to weeknight meals with Parmesan Potato Balls. The well-seasoned mashed potato bites have a crispy cornmeal coating that young and old with find appealing." By Pat Habiger. From TOH.
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons onion soup mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups crushed corn flakes
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash the potatoes. Beat in the cream cheese, milk and butter until smooth. Stir in Parmesan cheese, onion, soup mix, salt, hot pepper sauce and pepper. Shape into 1 1/2 inch balls.
- Place the egg and cornflakes in separate shallow bowls. Dip potato balls in egg, then roll in crumbs. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 400 for 15-18 minutes or until crisp and golden brown.
I made these on the weekend. They went together great, but I thought they needed a little more zing. Maybe some extra spices in the corn flake coating. They're a cute addition to a meal, but I know I would NEVER have the time to make these on a weeknight.