Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
In case you didn't know, I LOVE cheese grits. A savory, delicious version from Southern Living.
Make and share this Parmesan-Portabella Grits recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon light butter
- 1 small sweet onion, finely chopped
- 2 portabella mushroom caps, cleaned and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 (32 ounce) container chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 1⁄8 cups instant grits
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add onion. Cook stirring occasaionally, 8 minutes or unti golden. Stir in mushrooms and net 4 ingrdients; cook 5 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Remove skillet from heat.
- Bring chicken broth and 1/2 cup water to a boil in a medium saucepan; gradually stir in grits. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until grits are thickened. Stir in portabello mixture and Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.