Recipe by Childrens Minister
This is a quick and delicious casserole. My 4 year-old picky eater ate every bite. Roasting the chicken and adding parmesan cheese change the flavor of this great classic.
Top Review by KPD
nice variation to an old favorite. my mom used to make this when i was little. i add 1 tablespoon of poppyseeds into the mixture and 1 tablespoon in the cracker mixture. i use club crackers instead of the ritz. i used some leftover rotisserie chicken that i had on hand. i added some cooked rice into the mix, but i think pasta would have been better. i'll try that next time! thanks so much!!
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, yield three cups
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 1 tablespoon cracked black pepper
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 1 1⁄2 cups buttery crackers, crushed (about one sleeve)
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, divided
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken breast in lightly greased baking dish, season with seasoned salt, and pepper. Bake at 450 for 30-35 minutes, until breasts are done. Remove from oven and reduce heat to 350°F.
- In medium bowl add cream soup, sour cream, poppy seeds, and 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese. Stir well.
- Chop chicken and add to bowl of soup and sour cream mixture. Stir well.
- Place chicken in a lightly greased 11x7x1 1/2 inch baking dish, spread evenly.
- Combine crushed crackers, 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese, and butter and sprinkle over chicken mixture. Bake uncovered at 350°F for 30 minutes.
- Note: You do not have to roast the chicken, I just prefer the layer of flavor. You can also use fat-free sour cream and soup to save fat.