1 hr 10 mins
Childrens Minister's Note:
This is a quick and delicious casserole. My 4 year-old picky eater ate every bite. Roasting the chicken and adding parmesan cheese change the flavor of this great classic.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, yield three cups
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 1 tablespoon cracked black pepper
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 1 1/2 cups buttery crackers, crushed (about one sleeve)
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1Place chicken breast in lightly greased baking dish, season with seasoned salt, and pepper. Bake at 450 for 30-35 minutes, until breasts are done. Remove from oven and reduce heat to 350°F.
- 2In medium bowl add cream soup, sour cream, poppy seeds, and 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese. Stir well.
- 3Chop chicken and add to bowl of soup and sour cream mixture. Stir well.
- 4Place chicken in a lightly greased 11x7x1 1/2 inch baking dish, spread evenly.
- 5Combine crushed crackers, 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese, and butter and sprinkle over chicken mixture. Bake uncovered at 350°F for 30 minutes.
- 6Note: You do not have to roast the chicken, I just prefer the layer of flavor. You can also use fat-free sour cream and soup to save fat.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Parmesan Poppy Seed Chicken Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (183 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 600.0
- Calories from Fat 368
- Total Fat 40.9 g
- Saturated Fat 19.9 g
- Cholesterol 125.2 mg
- Sodium 1091.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 31.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: