Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe comes from an old church cookbook of mine. These popovers go great with anything. I like to add a little garlic or oregano sometimes if I serve them with spaghetti or lasagna. You can spice it up any way you like!
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- parmesan cheese (I use the grated kind in the green container)
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Grease muffin pan.
- Add one tablespoon of parmesan cheese to each muffin cup.
- Beat all other ingredients together until smooth and fill cups about 3/4 full.
- Bake for about 40 minutes, or until brown.
Absolutely terrific! Had never made popovers before, and how simple can you get? The parmesan and cayenne make them so flavorful. Definite keeper.