Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
These are full of flavor and great to take to a picnic! Adapted from Everyday Italian.
- 3 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon herbes de provence (or basil)
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese (or use cheddar, fontina, or cheese of choice)
- Preheat the oven to 400*F.
- In a blender, combine eggs, flour, salt, pepper, and herbs, milk, and cheese. Blend on medium speed.
- Spray a mini-muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray. Pour the batter into the muffin cups, filling each cup 3/4 full. Bake until puffed and golden brown, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove popovers from muffin tin and cool on a wire rack. Save in a storage container.
I loved these popovers. They're perfect weeknight fare with their ease of preparation. I used a southwestern cheese mix and the basil option since I didn't have any herbes de provence. Thanks for sharing.
These were good, not great. I was hoping for more cheese flavor, which didn't shine. I suggest using granulated garlic to enhance some flavors and maybe Asiago cheese instead of Parmesan. This is a nice "basic" recipe, but needs a bit of tweeking to taste.
Pretty good! This was the first time i had ever made popovers! Used garlic salt instead of regular and nixed the parmesan and used medium cheddar. I used 1/2tsp herbes de provence, and next time I will surely use less and deffinately try just basil!! Thanks Sharon for sharin'!