1/2 Photos of Parmesan Polenta for Grilling
A nice side to many Italian dish that can be made upto 3 days ahead and grilled, fried, or toasted when ready to serve. Cool and chill time not included in cook time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups chicken stock, veal stock or 3 cups water
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, finly chopped (optional)
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (use olive oil with stock and butter with water) or 2 tablespoons butter (use olive oil with stock and butter with water)
- 1Bring stock or water (pinch of salt if using water) to boiling in a 2 quart sauce pan. Add rosemary if using. Slowly whisk in the cornmeal to the boiling stock / water, whisking constantly. Cook and whisk until mixture returns to boiling. Reduce heat to very low. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add Parmesan cheese and olive oil / butter.
- 2Pour into a greased 8x4x2-inch loaf pan. Cool 1 hour. Cover and chill several hours or over night. Polenta may be kept in the refrigerator for up to 3 days before serving. To serve, remove polenta from pan and cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
- 3**To bake, place slices in a single layer on a greased baking sheet. Bake, covered, in a 400 degree F oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until heated through.
- 4**To fry, heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in a large nonstick skillet or on a griddle over medium heat. Add polenta slices and cook about 6 minutes or until golden brown, turning once during cooking time.
- 5**To toast, lightly brush slices with olive oil and arrange on a lightly oiled baking sheet. Place under broiler, 4 to 5 inches away from the heat source, for 4 to 5 minutes per side or until golden brown and crisp.
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Parmesan Polenta for Grilling
Serving Size: 1 (118 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 157.8
- Calories from Fat 69
- Total Fat 7.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 10.9 mg
- Sodium 277.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 7.1 g