Crazycook in PA's Note:
Cornmeal is cooked with parmesan cheese, milk and chicken broth giving it a rich, creamy flavor. Masa Harina gives this dish a little different texture but is still very good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large saucepan, bring chicken broth and milk to a boil.
- 2Gradually whisk in cornmeal.
- 3Cover and simmer for approximately 20 minutes until creamy, stirring occasionally to make sure it isn't sticking.
- 4Remove from heat and stir in butter and black pepper.
- 5Gradually stir in the cheese until melted.
- 6Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top High Calcium Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All High Calcium Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Parmesan Polenta
Serving Size: 1 (187 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 325.2
- Calories from Fat 166
- Total Fat 18.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.8 g
- Cholesterol 50.5 mg
- Sodium 817.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 18.5 g