Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Cornmeal is cooked with parmesan cheese, milk and chicken broth giving it a rich, creamy flavor. Masa Harina gives this dish a little different texture but is still very good.
- 1 1⁄3 cups chicken broth
- 2⁄3 cup whole milk
- 3⁄4 cup yellow cornmeal or 3⁄4 cup masa harina
- 5 ounces parmesan cheese, finely shredded
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- In a large saucepan, bring chicken broth and milk to a boil.
- Gradually whisk in cornmeal.
- Cover and simmer for approximately 20 minutes until creamy, stirring occasionally to make sure it isn't sticking.
- Remove from heat and stir in butter and black pepper.
- Gradually stir in the cheese until melted.
- Serve immediately.
Delicious: I've never made polenta with milk before but it was so creamy and silky - I'll be doing it all the time now! Simple but lots of lovely flavour, perfect side dish.