Recipe by mommyoffour
This is a flavorful polenta recipe. I don't make this often but when I do, my family enjoys it.
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 small onion, minced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups cornmeal
- 6 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray 11x7 inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- Spray one side of 7 inch long sheet of waxed paper with cooking spray; set aside.
- Combine chicken broth, onion, garlic, rosemary and salt in medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over high heat; add cornmeal gradually, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to medium and simmer 30 minutes or until mixture has consistancy of thick mashed potatoes.
- Remove from heat and stir in cheese.
- Spread polenta evenly in prepared pan; place waxed paper sprayed side down, on polenta and smooth.
- Cool on wire rack 15 minutes or until firm.
- Remove wxed paper; cut into 6 squares.
- Remove squares from pan.
- To prevent sticking, spray grill with cooking spray.
- Prepare grill for cooking.
- Brush tops of squares with half the oil.
- Grill oil side down on covered grill over medium to low coals for 6 to 8 minutes or until golden.
- Brush with remaining oil and gently turn over.
- Grill 6 to 8 minutes more or until golden.
- Serve warm.