Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This came from the foodnetwork website.
- 4 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup instant polenta
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- fresh ground black pepper
- Bring 4 1/2 cups water to a boil with 1 1/4 teaspoons salt and butter in a 4-quart heavy saucepan, then add polenta in a thin stream, whisking.
- Cook polenta at a bare simmer, whisking with a long-handled whisk and turning down heat as needed to prevent spattering, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in cheese.
- Serve sprinkled with black pepper.