Recipe by mersaydees
Based on a recipe from Arden Moore’s book, Real Food for Dogs, 50 Vet-Approved Recipes to Please the Canine Gastronome. In the intro he says, “For the dog that loves Italian seasoning, here is a flavorful treat that will reap tail-wagging encores for more. Viva la cheesy cookies!”
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup powdered milk
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Add all ingredients to a blender or a food processor and thoroughly blend. Add enough water to form a stiff dough consistency.
- Dust a wooden rolling pin with flour and roll out the dough to ½-inch thickness.
- Place the dough on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes.
- For doughy treats, remove cookie sheet immediately after bake cycle.
- For crunchy treats, turn off oven and allow cookie sheet to remain in oven an additional hour.
- Allow the giant cookie treat to cool before breaking it into small pieces.
- Store treat pieces in a resealable plastic bag in the refrigerator.