Recipe by CulinaryQueen
From Fish and Shellfish, part of the Sainsbury's Recipe Library. Quick and easy and so good! If you can't get plaice in your area, you can substitute any other flat fish, such as flounder.
- 1 ounce butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 (6 ounce) plaice fillets
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper, to taste
- lemon slice, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat grill/broiler.
- In a cast iron or oven-proof pan, put the butter and oil and heat until butter is melted. Remove from heat.
- Put the plaice into the pan, flesh side down, then flip over. The idea is to coat both sides of the fish. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place under the grill for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove and baste with the oil/butter and top with the cheese and breadcrumbs.
- Return to the grill for another 3-4 minutes, until the topping is golden browned and the fish is cooked.
- Garnish with lemon slices and serve.