Prep 5 mins
Cook 7 mins
A yummy spread to have on hand for company, or just for yourself.
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh oregano (or 1/2 tsp dried, crumbled)
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Spread almonds in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Toast in oven, shaking pan once or twice, until almonds are lightly browned, 7 to 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl or in a food processor, combine cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, mayonnaise, oregano, and garlic.
- Blend until well mixed.
- Pack into a crock large enough to hold the spread.
- Refrigerate until firm but still pliable, about 1 hour.
- If you want to get fancy, you can place cheese mixture on a serving board or platter and form into shape of a pine cone.
- Stud top with toasted slivered almonds to complete illusion.
- Or just stud the spread with the almonds and serve straight out of the crock with crackers (like I do).
We liked this but everyone agreed that the the amount of Parmesan cheese could be more or doubled, and will try that the next time!