Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
easy dish that tastes difficult. great for last minute get-togethers, just add salad and hot crusty french bread.....yum
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cooked chicken (cubed)
- 2 cups shredded parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 lb penne pasta (cooked)
- 1 envelope of knorr pesto sauce mix
- in large saucepan combine butter, milk, half and half and parmesan cheese.
- stir over med heat untill cheese is melted.
- add pesto sauce mix and chicken.
- simmer 5-7 minutes, until sauce thickens.
- serve over pasta.
My extremely finicky, picky husband RAVED over this dish. I LOVE recipes that are very simple, yet taste so complex and divine! A definite keeper.
I tried this recipe for girls night out and paired it with another recipe I got off this site - Pesto Chicken. Therefore, I eliminated the chicken from this recipe. The girls loved it and all stated it tasted like something you would get in a fancy restaurant. I loved it. Thanks!
I was just cooking for 2, so I cut it in half, and still had lots left over. I served it with linguine noodles. Very good. It taste like you worked very hard, but it was super easy.