Recipe by Norelllaura1
My son loves fried flounder but I wanted something a little more elegant and grown-up than breaded flounder but still very simple and this filled the bill! I served this with my Honey & Balsamic Portabello Mushrooms as a sauce to go with it.
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb flounder fillets
- 1 tablespoon pesto sauce
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated the boxed stuff is awful
- 1 cup breadcrumbs, I use the italian style
- 1 garlic clove, minced very fine
- 1 shallot, minced very fine
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Pam cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the bread crumbs and parmesan cheese and set aside.
- Saute the garlic and shallot until translucent in the olive oil, and add to bread crumbs and parmesan mixture.
- Spray fillets lightly with pam on one side, turn over and spread a thin layer of pesto on other side.
- Press the bread crumb mixture gently onto the fillets (both sides).
- Broil in oven for about 3-4 minutes each side, or until fish flakes easily and crumb mixture is golden.
- Serve with Honey Balsamic Portabello Mushroom Sauce and enjoy!