Recipe by nemokitty
Found this in a Betty Crocker Low-fat, Low-cholesterol cookbook at the library. I haven't tried this yet.
Top Review by weekend cooker
We thought these were nice, though the flavors were very light, and and thought a little more cheese was needed. We did enjoy them, though as they were nice and fluffy. Made for Rookie tag.
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water (120 degrees to 130 degrees)
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix 1 1/4 cups of the flour, the sugar, cheese, salt, pepper and yeast in large bowl. Beat in water, egg whites and oil until smooth. Stir in remaining flour until smooth. Scrape batter from side of bowl.
- Cover and let rise in warm place about 30 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Spray 12 medium muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray. Stir down batter, beating about 25 strokes.
- Divide batter among muffin cups. Let rise uncovered 20-30 minutes or until batter rounds over tops of cups.
- Bake in preheated 400 degree oven for 15-20 minutes or till golden brown.