Recipe by JillAZ
I think this recipe originally came out of our local newspaper. Its been several years. This is a great basic pilaf. You can add fresh vegetables such as mushrooms, bell peppers, etc.
Top Review by Mrs. Woods
We made this the other night and it was so good! All the kiddos loved it too. I did use just normal rice and cut back on the red pepper flakes for the kids. Yum! Will def make this again!
- 1 cup converted rice, uncooked (such as Uncle Ben's)
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan, heat olive oil over medium high heat.
- Add crushed red pepper and rice.
- Stir well to coat rice with oil.
- Cook for a minute or two until rice starts to look translucent.
- Add the chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until all broth is absorbed.
- Remove lid, fluff rice with a fork.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and black pepper.
- Cover just until cheese melts.