Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I think this recipe originally came out of our local newspaper. Its been several years. This is a great basic pilaf. You can add fresh vegetables such as mushrooms, bell peppers, etc.
- 1 cup converted rice, uncooked (such as Uncle Ben's)
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- fresh ground black pepper
- In a medium saucepan, heat olive oil over medium high heat.
- Add crushed red pepper and rice.
- Stir well to coat rice with oil.
- Cook for a minute or two until rice starts to look translucent.
- Add the chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until all broth is absorbed.
- Remove lid, fluff rice with a fork.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and black pepper.
- Cover just until cheese melts.
We made this the other night and it was so good! All the kiddos loved it too. I did use just normal rice and cut back on the red pepper flakes for the kids. Yum! Will def make this again!
Very good rice. I loved this and its so easy to throw together. I will make this again, thank you so much for this awesome recipe.
Made this the other night to go with Easy Baked Fish#29490. I did add some choppped onion and garlic and homemade chicken broth but followed the rest of the recipe. Very delicious and easy. Thank you.