Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
An easy side that would go with most anything.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 2 1⁄4 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄3 cup chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Add in rice; stir for 1 minute.
- Add in broth, salt, and pepper; bring to a boil.
- Decrease heat to med-low and cook, covered, about 20 minutes, until rice is tender.
- Stir in Parmesan, pecans, and parsley; fluff with a fork before serving.
Great side dish! A friend made this once and I loved it. I just made it for an extended family dinner and it was a hit. It's a good and fast dish that tastes like a lot of time and energy were spent making it, when it really takes about 3 extra minutes to mix in the extras. I used more parmesan cheese than the recipe called for, about 1/3 cup. Thank you for a great recipe!