Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
Wonderful fried Southern catfish recipe!
- 2 lbs catfish fillets, cut into 1-inch wide strips
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup ground pecans
- 2⁄3 cup plain yellow cornmeal
- 2⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- vegetable oil
- Place catfish and buttermilk in a large zip-top plastic freezer bag. Seal and chill 1 hour. Remove catfish from buttermilk, discarding buttermilk.
- Combine pecans and next 4 ingredients in a shallow bowl. Dip fish in eggs; dredge in pecan mixture, shaking off excess. Arrange on a baking sheet.
- Pour oil to depth of 1 1/2" into a cast-iron Dutch oven or 12" cast-iron skillet; heat to 350 degrees. Drain on a wire rack over paper towels.