Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Roasting brings out the sweetness in cauliflower. A little cheese is good too! Adapted from Barefoot Contessa at Home cookbook.
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup freshly grated gruyere cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Remover outer green leaves from the cauliflower and cut the head into small florets, discarding the stems (I save in freezer to make broth).
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Toss well.
- Bake for 30 minutes, tossing once, until the cauliflower is tender and starts to brown. Sprinkle with the parmesan, gruyere and parsley. Bake for 1-2 more minutes, just until the cheese melts. Season to taste and serve hot or warm. Enjoy!
Yummy. Used frozen instead of fresh but followed the rest of the recipe as written.
Ohhhh what a wonderful side dish. I made as written and DH and I ate the whole thing. (I guess he likes the roasted flavor with the cheese.) Oh yes, I did add a few whole (crushed a little) cloves of garlic. Made for Cook-A-Thon for Sharon123.
I can't assign stars, because DH and I were 180 degrees opposite. I dislike cauliflower, but I liked this dish. He likes cauliflower, but disliked the dish. Our difference is in roasted vs. steamed. We agreed that the cheese choices were good, but I would use about 1/2 of what's suggested. And reduce the oil somewhat too, as the cheese adds some oil as it melts.