Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 mins
A nice use of all those fresh summer tomatoes! Serve these along side roast chicken or pork chops, or serve with bacon and eggs for breakfast.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup panko Japanese-style bread crumbs
- 12 slices tomatoes, sliced 1/2-inch thick (about 3 tomatoes)
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Combine flour, onion powder, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl; mix well.
- In seperate bowl, combine panko and parmesan.
- In a third bowl, combine eggs and mustard.
- Take tomato slices and dip in flour mixture, dusting off excess.
- Then dip in egg mixture, letting excess drip off.
- Finally, dip in parmesan/panko mixture, pressing parmesan mixture onto slices for good coverage; repeat until all slices are breaded.
- These should be stored in a single layer and dusted lightly with extra crumbs. DO NOT STACK.
- Heat olive oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium to high heat.
- Place 3 slices (one order) in pan and let cook about 1-1/2 to 2 minutes on each side, until golden brown. DON'T FLIP TOO SOON or parmesan mixture will fall off.
- Continue with remaining slices and serve hot.