Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
A slightly modified recipe from Tyler Florence. His recipe specifically asks for Russet potatoes, but I use Yukon Golds. I cook these on nonstick tin foil to make sure the fries don't stick. The touch at the end makes these fries special. Enjoy!
- 680.38 g potatoes, cut in 1/2 lengthwise, halves cut lengthwise to make big, fat wedges, peeled or not peeled
- 78.07 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 3.69 ml kosher salt (or sea salt)
- 29.58 ml fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 59.14 ml parmigiano-reggiano cheese, freshly grated
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Preheat a baking sheet in the hot oven for at least 5 minutes.
- While the baking sheet is heating, toss the potatoes with the olive oil and salt in a large bowl. Then dump the potatoes, oil and all, out onto a baking sheet, spreading to a single layer. Roast for 30 to 35 minutes, shaking the pan every now and then, until the potatoes are cooked through, brown and crispy.
- LIft potatoes out of the oil with a spatula. Toss the fries in a big bowl with the parsley and cheese.
Easy and really different. A note to those who found these to stick to the pan--if they stick they are probably not done! Let them cook a little longer and they should come right up. I also let my potatoes soak in cold water for an hour before cooking them. Very tasty and easy potato dish. Thanks for posting!
Great fries Nif! I used four large russet potatoes, garlic flavored olive oil, sea salt, and dried parsley. Left them in the oven a few minutes longer because I had some fries that were pretty thick. Do be careful when slicing the potatoes so they are as even as possible. The fries were perfectly seasoned and the parsley/cheese mixture sends them over the top. Thank you hon for a great recipe I will be making again! Made and reviewed for the Game Forum's - Went to the Market Tag Game.
very good taters I added in some crushed chili flakes and garlic powder and increased the Parmesan cheese, we loved this served with salmon, thank you for sharing Jen, this was made for KK's Green event