Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Another recipe from Cuisine magazine. Delicious. We all know that the crispiest fries will always be deep fried but these come close and the flavor is outstanding.
- 3 russet potatoes, cut into 8 wedges each
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- kosher salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees with a baking sheet inside.
- Combine Parmesan, garlic powder, paprika, cayenne and salt in small bowl.
- Coat potatoe wedges with 1 Tbsp oil in a large bowl, then add Parmesan mixture, tossing to coat. Remove baking sheet from oven and coat with remaining oil.
- Place wedges on the pan and roast until golden, 15 minutes per side. Return fries to bowl and toss with parsley.
We have a winner here! My husband and I really enjoyed this dish. It's so easy too, so I would consider this for a busy night when I don't have a lot ot time to fuss in the kitchen. I poured the garlic powder into the bowl directly without measuring, and it came out with a vengeance so I accidentally ended up adding about double the garlic powder than the recipe calls for....oops! But in the end, we didn't think the extra garlic overpowered the other seasonings. So I think I'll keep to that (doubled) measurement for the garlic powder when I make this dish again. For the potatoes, I used a mix of what I had on had, which was half russets and half Yukon Gold potatoes. The Yukon wedges were moist and done to perfection (i.e., soft but not mushy), while the russet wedges were a little dry and not quite done (still had lots of raw "crunch" to them). They were still just as good, just not thoroughly roasted as we prefer. So I think I'll stick to Yukon Golds for this recipe. Thanks for sharing your recipe, Kerena. It's a definite "keeper" for me that I know I'll make often.
Fast, easy, and very yummy. (Mine cooked in about 1/2 the time, maybe because I used convection.)
So good and super easy! I didn't change a thing, which is hard for me to do. LOL! Thanks!