1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 20 mins
Connie K's Note:
The directions fill a loaf pan with balls, for a special presentation. This can also be shaped into s standard loaf or a round loaf. Posting this in response to a request. I have not yet tried it, but I will! Times are estimates.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dissolve the yeast in the milk; Add salt, 1/4 cup olive oil, 1 tablespoon oregano, and 1/4 cup parmesan cheese.
- 2Add flour a little at a time; When dough is manageable, turn out dough onto lightly floured surface and knead until smooth.
- 3Place in bowl lightly oiled with olive oil; Rise for 1 hour in dark, warm place until dough has doubled.
- 4Knead dough for 2-4 minutes; Divide dough into 20 equal pieces, roll each piece into a ball; Butter large loaf pan and place 14 of the balls on the bottom in 2 rows, 7 in each row; Brush with olive oil; Place remaining 6 balls down the middle on top of the other 14; Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon oregano and 2 tablespoons parmesan.
- 5Cover and let rise for 45 minutes.
- 6Bake for 35-40 minutes at 400 degrees.
- 7The balls will produce a beautiful,"mountainous" surface on the bread- a real conversation piece!
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Parmesan Oregano Bread (aka Pizza Bread)
Serving Size: 1 (825 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2460.4
- Calories from Fat 959
- Total Fat 106.5 g
- Saturated Fat 24.9 g
- Cholesterol 73.5 mg
- Sodium 7674.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 307.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.3 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 65.3 g