Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 20 mins
The directions fill a loaf pan with balls, for a special presentation. This can also be shaped into s standard loaf or a round loaf. Posting this in response to a request. I have not yet tried it, but I will! Times are estimates.
- Dissolve the yeast in the milk; Add salt, 1/4 cup olive oil, 1 tablespoon oregano, and 1/4 cup parmesan cheese.
- Add flour a little at a time; When dough is manageable, turn out dough onto lightly floured surface and knead until smooth.
- Place in bowl lightly oiled with olive oil; Rise for 1 hour in dark, warm place until dough has doubled.
- Knead dough for 2-4 minutes; Divide dough into 20 equal pieces, roll each piece into a ball; Butter large loaf pan and place 14 of the balls on the bottom in 2 rows, 7 in each row; Brush with olive oil; Place remaining 6 balls down the middle on top of the other 14; Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon oregano and 2 tablespoons parmesan.
- Cover and let rise for 45 minutes.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes at 400 degrees.
- The balls will produce a beautiful,"mountainous" surface on the bread- a real conversation piece!