Prep 2 mins
Cook 3 mins
Great with pasta or as an appetizer.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon 2% low-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 loaf Italian bread, sliced thick and lightly toasted
- Preheat broiler. Mix all ingredients except toast; Spread on toast.
- Place on baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Broil 4” from source of heat 2-3 minutes or until golden and bubbly.
This is such a different way to enjoy bread- we really enjoyed it! I used sundried tomato bread and the flavours worked very well together. I would probably replace the milk with extra italian dressing next time, to boost the flavour a little. Thanks for another super recipe!
What a yummy and fast recipe! I made it as written to serve with lasagna, but I can see that it will appear in many incarnations, possibly with the addition of some red onion, cheddar and bacon bits as an appetizer next time. The proportion of cheese to mayo is heaven.
Everyone loved this as an appetizer treat! I did add some sharp cheddar cheese and mozzarella to this as well, and subbed green onions for the onion. Will be made again!